Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ten Little Muses and LoreleiYan


Here's LoreleiYan's picture again. I added pictures of nine Sister Muses and one who looks kind of like LoreleiYan's personal Little Muse.


What is needed are names for the little ones. Yes, the Nine Muses already have names, but according to Wikipedia, those are just the famous ones. Many believe there are actually hundreds. I don't know about hundreds. Just these ten - for now. (At one time there was only one, but she began inviting others.)


LoreleiYan's name has already been set. She's the large one with the green eyes and scarf. It's the little ones I need help with.


I would choose the names myself, but I have to be leaving soon, and giving names is an important process.


I know there are only like - two - who actually visit this blog, but if you could help out with some suggestions, it would be much appreciated. If you know someone who is good with names, ask them if they would like to help out.


Thanks.

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Bevie, I would help but I'm crap with names.

Anonymous said...

fairyhedgehog sent us over, and while I'm usually pretty good with names, the pictures of your little muses stumps me a bit.

Quixa
Elena
Carrington
Azure
Charlotte
Serena
Polly
Euphemia
Hester
Meg
Sonya
Dottie

Am I even close?

fairyhedgehog said...

Wow, Aerin, that's impressive. I wouldn't have thought of any of those and certainly not such a wonderfully varied list.

I know where to come next time I'm stuck with a character's name.

Bevie said...

Fairy: It's okay. Names are hard.

Aerin: Welcome. Yeah, the little pictures are a bit - little, aren't they? They looked better when I saw them in MS-Paint.

Something else I thought of was that it would have helped had I given a clue as to what type of muse each of them is.

You gave me two more than I need, so I'm going to look up the name definitions and choose.

Just from a quick look I can say I like Quixa, Carrington, Azure, Euphemia and Meg right off. I'll post again when I've made my choices (hopefully, later today).

Whirlochre said...

I'm over from Fairyhedgehog's too.

How about these?

Pung-Pung
Argenio
Plummy Rumpus
Sylvie
Isista
Snowy Sportbaps
Smeemy
Pseudsie
Metafleuretta
Dumsy Wumsy Doodoopants

Bevie said...

Great, Whirlochre!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have this urge to dare Whirl to use dumsy wumsy doodoopants in a story of his own...

Hey Bevie, I didn't mean the pics were too little, just that they weren't what I was expecting. I'm actually pleased you could use even one of the names!

Bevie said...

On the blog the pictures were too small for my eyes. I printed out a copy on 8-1/2 x 11 paper and have it before me at the desk now.

I would actually have liked to use some different names, but Carrington means "Town of the Marsh", and I ran out of figures for Charlotte (Little and Womanly) and Euphemia (Well Spoken Of).

Name meanings are important to me. I expect there will be future Muses to add to the group. [smiles]

Thanks for your help.

Dumsy Wumsy Doodoopants would have to be a politician - or an agent/editor [grin].

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think