Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Power of Music

Okay. What can I say? It's a working title.

I've developed some ideas for that story which continues to germinate (see Let Your Love Flow from January 10th). It's enough to begin, I think.

Please tell me what you think.

1. The kingdom has been in decay
2. The king needs to reach the Powers of Understanding in

. . . order to rule
3. The Music gives the king the ability to reach the

. . . Powers of Understanding
4. When the king dies, The Music dies with him
5. The most recent king has died
6. The Music comes from maidens gifted in Voice and Heart
7. The maidens must sacrifice themselves (die in the

. . . flesh) to impart their Music
8. Twelve maidens and four men are chosen

. . The Dying Music chooses the maidens
. . The maidens choose a man
. . The men choose a maiden (eight maidens will not be
. . picked) Only one pair can be king
9. One of the four men will return the kingdom to glory

. . Two of the four men will diminish the kingdom even
. . . further
. . One of the four men will destroy the kingdom
. . . altogether
10. The chosen maiden is given a choice before sacrifice

. . Give herself to the king, or return to her life and
. . . let another make the sacrifice

Main Character: Auryea

Main Conflict: Auryea must decide if she truly wishes to sacrifice her life for a king and kingdom already in decay. Maybe it's time the Kingdom of Farren just fades away and everyone returns to being simple farmers.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think