Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Rabbit Hole Day!

Make way! Make way for The Detective! Over here, Sir.

My, what a mess!

Yes, Sir. What should we do about it, Sir?

Clean it up, of course!

That’s been tried sir. The King…

1 Yes, yes. I know about The King. He’s quite merry up in that castle of his.

Yes, Sir. And he sent…

2 No good. They couldn’t do it. You go find someone who can.

Who, sir?

Find someone!

Very good, Sir.

You! Boy! What’s your name?

Jack.

What do you think you are doing?

3 Jumping.

No, you’re not.

Well, I was jumping. But my toe caught afire.

I see. You know anything about this mess?

Oh, no Sir. I’ve just been jumping.

Well, stick around for questioning. Do you know who that is?

Oh, yes, Sir. That’s Jack.

Jack? I thought you were Jack.

I am. But so is he. He’s a builder.

A builder? What does he build?

4 This house over here, for one thing.

What about this other fool?

His name’s Jack, too.

Jack, huh? Hey, you! Jack! Where you going?

5 To get some water.

Know anything about this mess?

No, Sir.

Detective! Detective!

What is it, little girl?

That old man.

6 You mean the odd one with the even stranger cat?

Yes.

What about him?

7 He was playing with my knee.

Deputy!

Yes, Sir.

Arrest that man!

Sir, we just don’t know how to clean up this mess. Do you have a suggestion?

Yes.

Sir?

8 Get a large frying pan and let’s have an omlette.

In case you missed any, here the the eight ( 8 ) nursery rhyme references:
1 Old King Cole
2 All the King's Horses (part of Humptey Dumptey)
3 Jack Be Nimble
4 This is the House That Jack Built
5 Jack and Jill
6 There Was a Crooked Man
7 This Old Man
8 Humptey Dumptey

Yes, I know. I may as well have forgotten. This is hardly my best stuff. The poems were better.

This is NOT the story I was planning on posting. I apologize. I got caught up with something and used up all of my time. This is basically my notes. I was planning on a nice story of about about a thousand words. Sorry. I screwed up.

I do have some cute poems on the other blogs that I did get in on time: Cat in the Buff, A Voice in the Wind and SOF - The People. Maybe next year I'll be better organized. Sigh.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I enjoyed this and didn't really need the notes!

It was fun and different and isn't that what Rabbit Hole Day is about?

Bevie said...

You did like it? [smiles]

I felt bad about it because it wasn't anything what I was planning. But I put it off when it was fresh, and later I let myself get caught up in stuff.

My son wasn't able to pick out the references. That's why I added the notes.

You're right. I forgot the purpose of the day. It didn't have to make sense.

Thanks, Fairy.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think