Sailors on the Sea

Monday, January 26, 2009

Status: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Yes, I have mucked up royal good. Done NO constructive work on any writing assignment in three days.

Partly this has been circumstance. There have been things to do and places to go.

Partly this has been Spouse and Son's fault. (Why have 'em if you can't blame 'em, right?) They don't see my writing as bonified "work" and constantly insist I leave it to do other things - with them. Of course I have to. Don't want them to think I don't want to be around them. (But I do wish they would leave me alone!)

Then my sleep schedule has been completely disrupted. I woke at midnight last night thinking I had slept for ten hours. I had slept four. But I woke myself up and I haven't been able to sleep since. Now I'm ready for sleep, but I have to stay away for another five hours. Then I can sleep again. (You'd better believe I'll be sleeping through the night tonight.)

And finally, I have simply found "other things to do" and ignored my writing duties and fun. So now here I am with less than 24-hours before Rabbit Hole Day, and I haven't finished my project. Aaarrggghhh!

Well, I'll definitely sleep the night. I believe Spouse works Tuesday day. I'll wake around four. That will give me just over two hours before I have to bring Son to school. I'll get home before eight. I should be able to post something by noon. That should do.

It's a plan anyway.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Hope you get enough sleep, Bevie. You take care of yourself!

Bevie said...

Yeah, I know. Don't know why I'm not sleeping properly. Thank you for caring.

I think I'm back on schedule now. Slept until four this morning anyway. That's my regular time for getting up. Now, if I can just get Spouse and Son to let me go to bed at eight-thirty at night like I want. [smiles]

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think