Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Results of Muse Names

Thanks again for everyone who contributed names for the Muses. I got more than twice as many offerings as I can use (at this time - the Muses keep inviting more friends). When I add in some I'm thinking of I have around thirty names for ten Muses. Narrowing it down wasn't easy, and in the end I let go of some of my favorites because the meanings didn't fit this group. (I saved the list, so if the Muses do bring more later I will know what to call them.)

So, here are the Ten Little Muses with their names. (Note that the images on the right have been mirrored.)

* = I had to infer the meaning from parts of the name as I could not find a close enough match in either my Baby Books, or on-line.





Risa (laughter) - The Muse of Laughter












Elena (light) - The Muse of Ghosts/Specters











Yoshiko (good) - The Muse of Innocence









Isista (*protecting throne) - The Muse of Romantic Moods











Pung-Pung (*Phoenix in the wind) - The Muse of Battle Scenes










Quixa (*song seeker) - The Muse of Naughty
















Sylvia (forest) - The Muse of Forest Life















Hester (star) - The Muse of Strange Events












Azure (sky blue) - The Muse of Beauty












Sonja (wise) - The Muse of Friendship







No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think