Sailors on the Sea

Friday, January 30, 2009

Lawn Bunnies

I had just finished feeding Firestar (cat) and was closing up the large bag from which I had poured about a week's worth of food into a small tupperware pitcher. The bag was on a small chest freezer which blocks the sliding doors leading to outside. As we have no deck (dining room is on second floor), the freezer only blocks the lower view.

Anyway, in the crusted snow surrounding my son's play area I saw the footprints of some of our nocturnal guests, who find shelter in Son's old playset, or under the delapidated shed Spouse and I built together. (It was delapidated the first day.) Suddenly, I felt inspired to write another poem. It was going to be several stanzas, but after four lines I realized I was finished. So, without further ado, here is, "Lawn Bunnies", by Bevie James.

I’ve watched the bunnies on my lawn

Playing, eating, ‘till the sun says, “Dawn!”

Being a bunny would be neat

To one day fly in an eagle’s feet

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think