Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out For Review

Well, I've submitted Apprentice to the Writers Group. So far, only one person besides me has read it. The version I submitted is the result of incorporating her observations/concerns/ suggestions into the actual story. The story did improve considerably - as well reduce in size.

I am nervous over how the story will be received, but far less so than immediately after I wrote it. [grin] It's actually tempting to put it before Evil Editor's Minions, but I don't believe they do short stories. Besides, I would only submit the first 215 words. Some of the Minions not only write incredibly well, but they have wild and vivid imaginations, as well as satirical prowess. Could Kiahva take the sarcasm she would be sure to suffer? Don't know.

The next meeting isn't until February 10th, so I won't know how Apprentice has been received for a few weeks. I need to try not an think about it.

Right.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Good luck with it, Bevie.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Fairy.

Sorry for the delay in publishing your comment. Been having major computer problems today.

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm sorry to hear that.

Bevie said...

I'm blaming it on my provider. They "upgraded" their software this month, and since then my system runs slower than I do.

Oh, well. At least I can still access, right?

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think