Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Feeling Lonely This Morning

Just spent the last hour writing a post I probably should just delete. I saved it as a draft. Maybe there's something in it I can use later. Otherwise,

I don't really have anything out for review right now. Over at Evil Editor, I did submit a couple of Continuations, but they're very short and not really funny, which is what I wanted to achieve, so I'm not expecting anything there.

My Reader (FairyHedgeHog) returned Apprentice with some good observations and suggestions to make it better. Fortunately, it is a short story as opposed to a novel. I can rework it six ways from Sunday and still return to the original problem with ease should I only make things worse.

That's all. Other than to say - I'm sorry.

Bevie

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

You sound sad today as well as lonely.

I hope I didn't upset you by making those few suggestions. If I did I'm sorry. I did say I liked it!

Hope you feel happier soon.

Bevie said...

Fairy, no, No, NO, NO, NO!

My day always brightens when you post here.

Your comments on Apprentice were spot on and wonderful. Thank you, thank you, for giving them to me. I intend to use them when I begin editing today. Did you get my return, by the way? I put some of my thoughts / intentions for Kiahva and Sanamah there and wondered if you had any thoughts on those.

No. There is no need for you to say sorry to me.

If anything, I should apologize to you. I tend to become selfish and throw more things your way than I have a right. I apologize for that. Okay? I'm sorry. [wet eyes]

You did say you liked it. [fresh smile on the face] That's why I want to pursue the Apprentice writing.

Wait a minute! I'm drifting into the post I put away.

"Hope you feel happier soon.

Whenever any of my regular visitors post comments I cheer up. From you, especially, because you were the first.

Thank you, for letting me know you came by for a visit. I don't feel so lonely anymore.

[cute smile] (As if I could manage that.)

Have a good day, FH.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think