Sailors on the Sea

Friday, January 23, 2009

All Scheduled Events Have Been Cancelled

Not really. I just couldn't think of a good title.

The truth is, I normally post to my blogs before 10:00 a.m. C.S.T. Often, I've got it done before the sun comes up. Not so today. I had lots of things I expected to accomplish today.

1. Morning email
2. Complete Blog Rounds
3. Do State Sales Tax for Gift Items Sold Through our Business
4. Visit New World Website
5. Post to Four (4) Blogs
6. Do Dishes
7. Crush Pop Cans
8. Do a Load of Laundry
9. Lunch
10. Afternoon Email
11. Visit New World Website
12. Pick up Son From School
13. Check Favorite Blog Sites for New Postings Since Morning
14. Evening Email.

Well, something important came up and I spent a good portion of my day addressing it. It was time well worth spending, and I do not begrudge it. However, as of right now I have completed the following: (in grey)

1. Morning email
2. Complete Blog Rounds
3. Do State Sales Tax for Gift Items Sold Through our Business
4. Visit New World Website
5. Post to Four (4) Blogs (2 down, working on 1, 1 to go)
6. Do Dishes
7. Crush Pop Cans
8. Do a Load of Laundry

9. Lunch
10. Afternoon Email
11. Visit New World Website
12. Pick up Son From School
13. Check Favorite Blog Sites for New Postings Since Morning
14. Evening Email.


Notice that I used what little time I had wisely. I satisfied the government by paying them the sales tax we collected over 2008 ($13.00 - yippee!). We only sold $193.70 of merchandise in twelve months. A third of that were things we took from inventory to give away to others as gifts. Not exactly a stellar year, was it?

I also got my son home from school, did my email (most important) and made at least one visit to all of my favorite blogs. Except SOF - The People, which I still need to post to. I also ate lunch. Swedish Meatballs (TV dinner). Dishes and laundry can wait until tomorrow. The pop cans can wait until whenever.

Oh, I also walked for 12 minutes at 2.5 miles per hour. I made it 1/2 mile. Good for me.

Supper's not on the list either. Haven't a clue what to make. Spouse called to say won't be home this evening, so original plan of spaghetti is scrapped. Son wants to eat chips with picante sauce (when do offspring start wanting to eat real food?) and I would like goulash. But Son hardly ever eats meat, so that could be a problem.

So, as regards Other Fantasy Works.

That Event has been cancelled for today, too.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think