Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, April 18, 2009

What to Do Now

I'm bored. The Muses have had a great time but they had to leave on other work. I posted a couple of things and then wrote an Evil Editor exercise. Since then I've done pretty much - nothing.

I'm in a mood shift, but I can't tell where it wants to go. There's some nostaligia, but I may have dealt with that by posting about how we used to burn off our yard over on A Voice in the Wind.

Perhaps it's loneliness. Several of my friends (on-line friends) have disappeared, and some others are going to be busy for the next day or two and won't be available. I don't begrudge people their happiness, or their need to get away, but it's a fact that I get lonely when they're gone. Like when Stephen and Randy took that week long trip to San Francisco. It was quiet without them. Too quiet.

I could be nervous. Just sent Traitor to a beta reader. Quest will be going to a different beta reader in a couple of days. And I have a query letter to send to Evil Editor. Like the proverbial Casey at the Bat I could find myself swinging and missing at strike three.

The Animal Kingdom has been moved to the front burner of my creativity, but it's still cooking. Too soon to begin writing.

So many things I want to do, but they ALL cost money. I don't have any. So the problem is this: How do I turn what I'm good at (which is nothing) into money? Politicians, banking and insurance executives do it all the time. Why can't I?

In the meantime, I shall listen to my music. Maybe the Muses will hear it and come back. We could have a party.

Under My Wheels, by Alice Cooper.

Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zeppelin.

Don't it Make You want to Go Home, by Joe South.

CC Rider, by Animals.

Speak Softly Love (Godfather Theme), by Andy Williams.

Joy, by Apollo 100.

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I can see why you'd be on a down turn about now. What do you usually do to bring yourself up when you get down?

Bevie said...

Well, the healthy things I did was: Listen to music. Watch old movies on television. Read an old book. Contact friends.

The unhealthy things I did was: Eat snacks. Drink pop. Eat some different snacks. Drink some more pop.

Don't worry. The snacks and pop are all gone. I'll have to eat fruit and drink water, tea, or milk.

Whirlochre said...

Things do seem to be quiet at the moment and I know a number of normally robust online entities who've exhibited wobbles in recent months.

But entering the land of betae and sending EE a query is something else. Glad you've written something. It's always the first thing to go.

And why not combine snacking with fun? It's what cocktail sticks and Cheerios were made for.

Bevie said...

[haha]

Yeah, I suppose. But I have 127 pounds to take off my body and snacks just don't help.

fairyhedgehog said...

Cocktail sticks and bits of apple just aren't the same, are they?

Does exercise help? I find that walking helps me when I feel bad. Books are definitely very good if you get the right one.

Bevie said...

When I was in my twenties I used to bike and play tennis against a brick wall. Now I don't have a bike or a brick wall.

fairyhedgehog said...

That's tricky then.

Bevie said...

A bit.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think