Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Something Else for Poetry Month

No work sent out for review.

While wandering cyberspace I found someone's blog who was doing a poem a day in honor of April being Poetry Month. I wanted to join in, but I forget. I can't keep my own schedules set up by me at the bottom of some of my blogs. But I have been writing more poetry this spring. Here's another one I wrote just recently. Again, not a great piece, but then I don't write poetry well. Too lazy to put in the effort, I guess.

Fellie
by Bevie James

Fellie was the one called wise.

She made us think. Opened our eyes.
Then chanced to walk an open field.
A bandit called, and told her, “Yield”.
She stood her ground and so she won.
But her strength gave out and she was done.
She retired home and took to bed.
Making us all fear her dead.
Exhausted now, her life seems bleak.
Ours, too, for it’s Fellie we seek.
And so we pray and grant her love.
That her strength will come from God above.
Take care now, Fellie, and get you well.
For with you gone, life here is hell.



No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think