Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Poet's Frustration

While wandering alone through the streets of cyberspace last night I came across someone's blog who talked about April being "Poetry Month". They were accessing a site which gave a topic to write about. What's interesting about that is that today's topic is "whales", which is what I posted about on A Voice in the Wind without knowing.

Anyway, I felt like writing another poem. My last one was nice, but it failed to say what I really wanted to say. This one is better, but I still haven't captured what I'm looking for. I need to write out more. Thank God for Apprentice.

Let Things Be
by Bevie James

Let the smile on her face shine bright and glow with gladness
Let the laughter in her heart radiate with joy
Let the thoughts in her head be confident dwellings of peace
Let her belong to herself and be nobody’s toy

Let the arms that hold her tightly be gentle and kind
Let the lips which touch her be sweet
Let the body she holds be responsible and winning
Let her tingle from head to feet

The things that she gives let her give them with love
The things that she loves let them be
The people she loves let them live lives in peace
Let this girl live and be free

2 comments:

Trina said...

I really liked your poem -- this entry and the other one. Strength and freedom seem like things all women should have, but somehow they're so easily lost in the real world.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Trina. I'm glad you came for a visit.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think