Sailors on the Sea

Friday, April 17, 2009

Caught Up - almost

Yep. Except for the query I need to finish for Swords of Fire: Traitor, I am caught up with all of my writing assignments.

Quest is finished. That is a nice short story about things we risk for friendship.

I wrote my new Hero story for The Legion of On-Line Super Heroes blog. That is scheduled to show up on the 25th. In the meantime, there are stories scheduled for the 18th, 20th, and 23rd. Do make it a point to read those.

So what am I planning to put on my plate next?

I'm thinking about The Animal Kingdom. That's a book I began back in the late 1980s about a kingdom ruled by animals. It is governed by a Mare, and policed by German Shepherds. Crows act as informants and Hogs control a lot of the politics.

The plot centers around the brutal murder of a hog near the border with the large cats. The hogs are calling for a banishment of all predators from The Kingdom (predators are to return to our world in order to get meat), and of course the sheep follow right along.

Eschae (the Mare) calls upon Sparks (German Shepherd), her top agent, to solve the crime before The Kingdom falls into complete disarray and she has to banish the predators - which would include Sparks. Sparks enlists the help of his long time friend, Casper, a black panther, despite direct orders from Eschae to keep Casper away. Can Sparks solve the crime before it's too late? Or will he, Casper, and all the other predators be forced back into our world to face extinction from the human race?

I read about 200-words from it at the writers' group meeting I attended on Tuesday of this week, and four of the five were encouraging in their response. So, I'm thinking about picking it up for real and seeing if I can finish it. Or maybe I just need a break. I don't know.

Love to tell stories.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

You are so prolific!

Bevie said...

Thanks. Wish I knew how to turn it into money. [smiles]

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think