Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nothing Accomplished

So I've wasted my day. I had three hours without interruption in the morning, and two more this afternoon. What did I do with those hours? Spent three of them dinking around on the computer, visiting this and visiting that. Wandered around alone in an on-line chat room. Isn't that my luck? Go to a chat room open to the entire world, spend an hour there, and no one shows up to talk. Amazing.

This afternoon I made chow mein. I know. It's fattening. But Spouse and Son won't eat it and it's in the cupboard. So I ate it. Then I started to watch The Quiet Man, starring John Wayne. I don't know that Wayne is my favorite actor, but he's up there. And he did an excellent job in this movie. I like his movies because he virtually never bothered to get into making social statements. He just made movies for people to enjoy. That's the way I like my movies.

Since then I've posted on A Voice in the Wind and now I'm writing here. To tell the truth, I was tempted not to post anything today on any of my blogs. Only it's become part of me to write on-line, I think. A lot of what I write gets no comment, but that's only fair. Most of the time I don't comment on the blogs I visit. I'm a silent member of the audience, slipping in, taking in the day's show, and then quietly slipping away again.

That's the way it's got for me when I visit Evil Editor's blog. I never comment anymore. Too intimidated, I guess. Speaking of Evil Editor, did you know that today is his 3rd Year Anniversary? There is a link set up to celebrate.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

So you gave yourself a day of rest and relaxation to set yourself up for the days ahead.

You can be hard on yourself if you like but I never find it achieves anything.

Whirlochre said...

I call these Wiffler Days. Days when I just wiffle. Since I sent my WIP off to my trusty betas and haven't been writing so much I've had one or two of these.

Let's see. What shall I do now I've bought some shampoo? Oh I know. Shave. Again...Never succumbed to John Wayne, mind.

Bevie said...

Not achieving was kind of the point of my day.

I suppose it's one of those psychological things. I'm not getting paid for anything I do, so how can I possibly get worn out doing it?

It's a lie which disguises all sorts of prejudices. I may give myself a day like it today. Only this time with my eyes open and intent clear.

Thanks, Fairy.

Bevie said...

Shave? Not in at least seven days. Gone from rough to fuzzy.

Yeah, Old Johnny wasn't exactly the greatest actor in town. But he provides me with escape, which is usually what I'm seeking when I watch a movie.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think