Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spontaneous Poetry

This is one of those posts I will probably wish I had not made come tomorrow. No matter. It's part of my new creative experience, and the Muses encouraged me to follow.

The final inspiration was listening to Janis Ian. I put one of her songs up as Today's Music.

Anyway, here is the result of my inspiration. It is a poem. I call it -


Things We Can't Have
by Bevie James

She was pretty, cute and her mind was so sweet
She was all that a lover could hope ever to meet
Soft skin and soft hair and a voice like a song
Green eyes and a dimple, and legs which were long

Her manner was tender, her breasts were so fine
To hear her sweet laugh was like drinking fine wine
When happy she purred like a black and white cat
She kept herself trim, she never got fat

Her only desire was she might soon know love
She cooed for it loudly, a sad mourning dove
For love she was willing to be someone's toy
But no one would have her, for she was a boy

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

That twist really took me by surprise!

Bevie said...

Yeah. I began the poem without knowing why. I was listing to Janis sing and the music took hold of me, so I began to write. About half-way through I suddenly knew where it was heading.

I'm not sure it says what I want it to say, though. No to the reader. I may need to give it another go.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think