Sailors on the Sea

Friday, April 3, 2009

The 500-Year Inspiration

So I'm seriously thinking about working on a sequel to Apprentice. When the story concluded Amice was to return to her home village. Kiahva had at last accepted her love for Amice and the two shared a first (and last) time of tenderness.

The logical next step is for Kiahva to go on a quest to find her absent love so the two can be together again.

I've got some ideas which I think will work. I'm excitedly looking forward to writing it.

On top of that I need to complete my first installation of my Hero stories. I've definitely decided to go with Panthera and Leo. Their logical first conflict will be with Panthera's cousin, Pelage, and her panther cat, Onca.

A lot to write?

Yeah. It is. But you know what? I love it this way. Creatively, the 1980s was my peak of performance. But even then there were distractions which held me back from all I was able to achieve. (And hence, I failed to achieve.) This time, the Muses have come upon me with magical inspiration, derived from the joy of those who have reawakened me to what it possible. I can write about things I was always afraid to write about. I can explore places I was always afraid to visit. I can live in places I never dared. And all of that without the distractions of the past. It is so much better this time. I can tell the Muses are happy.

I certainly am.

I LOVE THE WORLD!

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Yay, go Bevie! I really want you to write the sequel to Apprentices. I'd love to read about Kiahva looking for Amice. I feel all excited now!

I'm so glad that you're happy.

Bevie said...

Thanks.

It's fun to write. I love telling stories.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think