Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What it's Like to be Tired

Wrote this today.

Have You
by Bevie James

Have you lived in a dream and felt it real believing what happened was true

Have you imagined a thing, saw it clearly, thought the whole thing through

Have you felt the elation of knowing success and the smiles of what you have done
Have you seen the score at the end of the game and known that you had won

Have you touched the sky and flown on winds so high it took your breath
Have you felt the life of love in your heart which vanquishes even death

Have you known how it feels to be important and wise, others waiting on every word
Have you been honored and loved and lauded and cheered, are these the things you’ve heard

Then you know more than I who sit lonely and dry fighting to lift up my head
And knowing that I, am doomed but to die, the cheers come after I’m dead

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Sounds like a low point.

Bevie said...

Yeah, sorry about that. I just needed to write something like that. Even what I ended up with didn't really achieve my intent, but it was all I could muster.

Life's pressures, I think. I'll perk up.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think