Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Good Day in a Good Year

Well, my query was posted on Evil Editor. I did not get hammered like I thought I would. In fact, I was treated fairly mildly.

That's not to say I wrote a perfect query and no one found fault. But the findings appear to be only about minor things. I think the thing is pretty close. I could find myself looking for an agent as early as next week, unless I am mistaken about what I've taken from this critique.

So who knows? I felt from January that this was a year of significance for me. So far, it has been. Already in January I made a fantastic friend, who has stuck with me - despite my neurotic tendencies. I found myself opening up to an entire new world of creative exploration. That also began in January. I finished my editing of Swords of Fire: Traitor in February. I wrote a nice query in March. We began the Legion of On-Line Super Heroes blog in April. (Well, March 30th.) I opened my Archives and found a host of unfinished stories to work with, as well as some of the original Swords of Fire writings.

So, four months into the year and all kinds of wonderful things have happened to me. New friends, including a best friend. New stories. New confidence (sometimes that's difficult to prove [smiles]). New hope. New health. (I've lost six pounds in four weeks.) What's left?

Well, unless things drastically change, I'll have a new home. A new agent. A new perspective.

Come August we will complete seven years of financial ruin. For some reason I am thinking that will end the seven years of famine. I don't know this. I just kind of believe it.

I am happy and grateful for the good things which have happened to me this year. I am especially grateful to you - dear readers - for I consider you to be my friends. Thank you. You are wonderful people. I am especially grateful for my best friend. Those of you who have read what I write and commented back to me have awakened me to a joy and happiness I have not known for a good many years.

I think this has been a good day.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

It's great to see you having such a good day.

Bevie said...

Thanks. I have them. Don't always point them out, but I do.

Whirlochre said...

Glad to hear your circumstances are improving. It's a good thing, from whichever point you start...

Bevie said...

I can't say anything has actually "improved", except my weight. It's simply a case of acknowledging that not everything has gone into the toilet.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think