Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What to Do, What to Do, What to Do

Sure with I could draw well enough to suite myself. (There's no way I will ever draw well enough to suite others.) My reason for desiring this artistic talent is because I have two comic strips I came up with: Decca the Brave, and Hot Shot Reporter. If I could draw, I could put together Decca the Brave right now. You see, I already came up with 52 weeks of story ideas.

I also have seven short stories and eight plays on tap to write. The problem with those is that the story ideas just aren't that interesting now. In fact, I've forgotten what a couple of them are even about.

So, if I am to amuse myself with continuing any unfinished work from The Archives, it would have to be a book. Or perhaps, change a book into a short story. There are 34 books on tap which are NOT associated with Swords of Fire. From this list a few stand out as interesting (to me).

Caves of Argorland
This was to be a comedic fantasy novel. After winning the annual contest for best warrior, MC is convinced by his bride-to-be to undertake the dangerous mission into the Caves of Argorland to search for her father, who disappeared into them years before.

Great Sports Central, the
When MC is presented with the opportunity to manage a fantasy baseball team, little did he realize that it would consist of real people living out their dreams of being professional ball players in a realm of fantasy. (This was before the internet. Now people do it all the time.)

Home is Where the Heart Is
Douglas and his wife have ceased struggling to keep their marriage together. Now they just argue and talk of divorce. Until that night when their car broke down in the mysterious fog. Now they find themselves in some strange land struggling just to survive.

Monsters, the
When three college students seek assistance at a creepy mansion, they find the mansion inhabited by the monsters from the old 1930s films, now retired. But the monsters' home is under threat. Can they help their hosts before all is lost? (One of the oldest surviving concepts from The Archives.)

Murder of Mazu, the
In the Animal Kingdom, animals rule and humans are excluded. All believed they could live in peace, until a hog is found slain near the panthers border. Can Sparks, the German Shepherd, solve the crime before all predatory animals are banned from the kingdom?

Shaden's World
The world of felines is in danger of being dissolved. The only way to save their world is for the felines to join together and form a society. But there are those who would rather see the world dissolved than to bow to another.

There are others, too. I just feel like writing something, but I'm having trouble figuring out what. The Muses are visiting, but they're kind of unfocused right now. I suppose it's because the house is a mess. But I don't really feel like cleaning house today.

Guess I'd better. Sigh.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

So many stories. I rather fancy reading about the husband and wife who are falling out and go to another land. Could be fun!

Bevie said...

Yeah, that one had an interesting twist. I was one I narrated to my Reader back in '87. There are portions in The Archives, but it would probably be best to simply start from scratch. (Besides, I've already taped the boxes shut.)

Maybe I'll give it a go.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think