Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THE ARCHIVES HAVE BEEN OPENED! (and what a mess they are)

Sorry to keep doing this to you, but I'm practically giggling. (Good thing nobody's around to catch me, or I might find my new residence is a state hospital.)

I found my music from when I used to play harp. I almost cried. D*mn! Why did I sell it? I'm getting another one! D*mn it! That's what I'm going to do. When I've got the money. If I live so long.

Found more things from my play. Got some sheets notes indicating reactions and stage directions. Got a rehearsal schedule. Seven weeks. "BR" was the director.

Found a piece from Dramatists Play Service, Inc in New York City with directions on "How to Start A Theatre". That's what I would love to do. (Besides write.)

I found an old PRESS card from when I worked at the newspaper in 1987.

And, I found a stack of loose leaf papers, each with a short blurb for a different story. What's cool is that there are only a couple of duplicates from the list on my earlier post from today. Here's another list of things I want to write. Take a breath. Ready?

The Actors' Union = play April 1988

I Never Get Shot = western series spring 1984

Magician-The Gambler's Gambler = western fall 1983

The Clan = western summer 1983

Three Friends = contemporary spring 1985

Wild Stallion = modern western summer 1984

Joey = children's story fall 1985
(This story was actually written by request of an editor from
the David C Cook publishing house. They rejected it.)

Denton and the Boat = children's story March 1988
(This is a short story actually written but never submitted.)

Good-bye, Cherae = teenagers spring 1987
(This is a short story actually written but never submitted.)

The Experiment = young adult October 1987
(This is a short story actually written by never submitted.)

The Loves and Cares of Holly McBride = play winter 1987-88

A Taste For Blood = play fall 1987

Decca the Brave = comic strip fall 1987

Fontworth's Harem = play fall 1987

The Monsters = play fall 1976
(This was actually written, but the script lost. The inspiration
was a pack of bubble gum cards, also lost.)

The Furthering Adventures of Eric and Paulette = series spring 1971

Harold and the Spaceman = science fiction some time in 1985
(This is a short story actually written but never submitted.)

Heroes Ride Draft Horses = series or play summer 1985

Detective LaManch's Case Histories = series summer 1986
(The first installment is actually written, but never submitted.)

Hobby Farm Slave = contemporary summer 1985

Hero of the Night = contemporary fantasy summer 1986

If I Knew Then = contemporary fantasy fall 1987

The Voyageurs = science fiction fall 1987

Day's End = fantasy april 1988
(This was a short story actually written but never submitted.)

The Seven Helmets of Shirdu = fantasy series winter of 1987-88

Home is Where the Heart is = fantasy fall 1987

Defender of the Crown = fantasy series June 1987

Spargeld the Magnificent = fantasy (series?) summer 1986

The Power = fantasy (series?) April 1988

Swords of Fire = Epic Fantasy Series some time in 1974


I never could remember the exact year I began Swords of Fire. I got to thinking it was 1976 or even 1977. So, it's even older than I thought. Cool.

All of these stories.

I'm sorry, but some for some reason I feel proud to look at that list, despite most of the works unwritten, and none of the completed works (after Swords) written well enough to submit.

Just think. If I could become a published author I would have a host of stories to keep me busy for the rest of my life.

Cool.

Now I just need to become a published author. Then I'm going to start a theatre company.

And buy a harp.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

You go Bevie!

Bevie said...

Thanks.

I suppose I should have included a slight blurb regarding what each story is about, but I was in a hurry. Had to leave to get Son.

Found some more stories. Found copies of some finished pieces.

Going to post on A Voice in the Wind now. Found some humorous stuff.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think