Sailors on the Sea

Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday's Progress

Despite taking two naps today I managed to get two more completed. I'm well past 100,000-words, which is unfortunate. But I've only three chapters to go and an interlude. Only all three chapters are over budget, and each larger then the one which came before. Currently, they add up to over 22,000-words. WAY too many. I must find a way to reduce them by the size of the final chapter. Good luck, Bevie.

It isn't going to require luck. I have a big decision to make. The sub-plot between Khirsha and Tavaar is important, even for Traitor. But the most important information is for Books Four and beyond. What I must do is find a way to drop the threads for Books Four, Five and Six, and yet tie up the threads pertaining to Traitor.

The final chapter has a ton of information. I'm thinking (hoping) I can cut the dickens (as opposed to Dickens [grin]) out of it and still have a coherent ending.

We're slated to have eight inches of snow tomorrow. Spouse doesn't work. I'll have the day, but with Spouse home it's unlikely I'll get a lot done. If I can wake early - like I did today (2:30 a.m.) - I could theoretically finish it tomorrow. It's looking very much like I will finish it this week. That's assuming nothing goes amiss.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Glad to hear you're making progress.

Eight inches of snow? Wow! We're hoping we've had the last of the snow for this winter.

Bevie said...

We usually get a significant storm in March. It's called the Boys Basketball Tournament storm, but it can happen at any time.

Out west they are under a blizzard watch.

It was starting to snow when I got up a few hours ago, but it quit. I just now checked an on-line radar service and it looks like we're going to get missed. We'll see.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think