Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's a Good Start

Well, The Legion of On-Line Super Heroes is up to three official members right now, with a fourth soon to be included. For a complete picture list of who is slated to save the world (and possibly your very neighborhood), please visit Legion of On-Line Super Heroes and follow the sidebar down until you see the list of Heroes. Meanwhile, I will provide you with a text-only list.

Panthera and Leo (bevie james)
Fairy Hedgehog (fairyhedgehog)
Gatto Dea (lisa)

I expect the list to grow, so continue to check out the Legion blog. Also, stories may begin as early as next week. We've got a few more things to work out, and I need to make sure a couple of others who have created Hero Avatars are aware of what we are doing.

I'm looking forward to this. It should be fun. Hopefully, it will be. The problem, of course, is that all of the members are (by definition) creative, and creative people can get lax on administration. The administration will mainly fall to me, since I created the blog. I think I'm up to the challenge. As long as we don't p*ss each other off I think we'll be fine. Right now, all members and potential members are Minions of Evil Editor. The Minions have historically been intelligent, fun-loving, and decent people, so I'm not overly concerned. However, you do NOT need to be a Minion to participate. You just need to have a Hero Avatar.

Here's a thought, too. I'm only aware of a few authors who also illustrate. If you are more than a fair hand with drawings (ink, pencil, or otherwise) you might want to consider submitting pictures to the stories after they are posted. This would all be for free, of course. No one is getting paid for their hero work.

It's been a long while since I've collaborated with anyone. Not since '88. This will be different, though. All Authors are allowed their own creativity. There will be hero crossovers. (Instances where a hero will be used as a "guest hero" in another hero's story. Same with villains, I would assume.) Fewer arguments. It's kind of exciting. I'm trying to keep a level thought process in place, but I'm finding myself falling into B's perspective: I choose to get excited before the fact, because after the fact there might not be anything to get excited about.

I hope this isn't one of those cases. I hope it's fun. Some wonderful people are participating. We've got a good start.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

It is a good start! Let's not be in too much of a hurry, though. It'll probably work best if we have as many people on board at the start as possible.

Bevie said...

Right. Next week is probably too early to actually begin stories.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think