Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sing With Me and Dream On

Today I write about music. However, I also want to brag that I completed two chapters this morning. Not only that, but BOTH came in under the new budget. In fact, I gained nearly 1,000-words between them. I did this be eliminated a 1,000-word scene between Khirsha and his great-grandmother. She went to the cutting room floor, so to speak. Poor old woman. First she lost her husband. Now she's lost herself. But the information she gives is really more for Book II.

So. Music. What do I write? Not sure. Haven't listened to much variety this week. Been so frickin' busy.

I don't know what kind of music I feel like listening to right now. Ever have that? Some people don't. They listen to the same stuff all the time. Now I'm certainly not beyond listening to even the same song over and over and over again, but my taste in music floats like a piece of fluff on a river. It tends to go where it goes without effort.

The 60's rock 'n' roll and the 50's rhythm and blues tend to be my favorites. But I like rockabilly, old country and western, folk, classical, jazz, and comedy tunes. It all depends on my mood.

I've still got Under My Wheels on Cat in the Buff, but that's not my energy level today. So I went to YouTube and put on Patti LaBelle's On My Own. Not sure that's my mood either. But it's closer than Alice Cooper.

The problem is that I don't know what I want to feel. That's the position I find myself in when I can't identify my mood. It's like I get to choose. Not sure what I want.

Just found something appropriate. Aerosmith's Dream On. Story of my life. I guess Alice Cooper was closer after all. Go figure.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Glad the editing is progressing well.

Bevie said...

Thanks

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think