Sailors on the Sea

Monday, March 30, 2009

Input Required

So, I've spent several hours creating SuperVillains. It took far longer than I expected and I only got six: three female and three male. I've given them names, but I have yet to assign powers and such.

I had come up with a few suggestions on how to do this, and then on my way to bring Son home from school I realized there was a better way. The better way is this: I created a new blog - Legion of On-Line Super Heroes.

This is what I'm proposing. Correct me if you have other ideas. What I do is INVITE each of you who wishes to contribute so that you can post directly to the blog. In order to get an invite, you must first create a hero character and post him/her on your blog, and then contact me. I will announce your new hero and post a copy of the picture. Then I will issue the invite and you are free to begin submissions.

(There are two hero generators that I know of: The Hero Factory (comic book appearance); Hero Machine (let's you choose your name).

The question now is, do you like this idea? Should we have parameters?

Possible Parameters (you may add to or subtract from this list):

1. Story Size
2. Submission Day

We do not need to have ANY rules, if that is the way authors want to go. Writing is a creative craft, and I do not wish to bind anyone with restrictions which reduce their creativity.
Let me know what ideas you have. I like the idea of a collaboration.

Meanwhile, here is are the two SuperHeroes I created, and the six SuperVillains.
EDIT NOTE: I created a third.
The Heroes: Let me know which you prefer.






The Villains: I'll take suggestions on their powers/abilities.












4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I'd like to add my Fairy Hedgehog superhero, so please could you invite me. Could Lizard Girl be an evil character? Do the evil characters have to be pure evil because I see her as conflicted.

I really like Panthera and Leo. Ophideon looks like a real baddie. You could let people construct evil characters too - they could make one up to fit their story that week.

Bevie said...

Thanks, about Panthera and Leo. They're my favorites, too. I think I'm going to go with them. Son has his own and wants to join as a guest hero. I said that would be okay.

That's what I was thinking - about evil characters. I'll be sending you an INVITE.

Lisa said...

I loved the one you picked for yourself.

Please don't have villians with kitties - they are always getting such a bad wrap! Cheval, Euphonyand Ophideon are great villians. Especialy Ophideon - he's a real bad ass!

Besides, what good will their kitties be when Gatto Dea comes along!

Bevie said...

I think it important to remember that cats are nobody's slave. They are independent creatures who are often far wiser than the humans they associate with.

That can make for an interesting story twist, do you think?

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think