Sailors on the Sea

Monday, March 16, 2009

Progress Report

Well, I'm taking the advice of several Minions commenting to other Minions. It seems there has been a rash of completed works this week, and those of us who have one are kind of at a loss, emotionally, as to what to do next. The advice has been consistent: leave it be - for now.

So I have resisted all efforts to jump back into Traitor and read it through. I had considered moving on to Book II, but Freddie told me over on Writtenwyrdd's blog to abandon that plan. I could wind up making a bigger mess for myself. So, I'm leaving Prophecies of Madatar alone, too.

So, what am I doing? Well, today I've been wandering about the house in a zombie state. Got up at eleven last night and haven't slept since. It actually hurts to think. Now I know what it's like to be a politician.

I walked the treadmill today. First time in a while. I've been bad. So bad that I only made it five minutes. I had been up to fourteen when I got sick. We're in a spot of good weather right now and I've actually considered walking outside. The only problem with that is that people would see me. At least when I'm in the house no one can point and make jokes.

I may write some poetry. (Oh, God! Please, no! You're thinking.) There may even be an unused cartridge of film for me to try and make a short video. That would be cool. Maybe.

Anyway, I'm relaxing and searching YouTube for songs I haven't heard in a long time. At the top of this blog is one I remember from high school.

For centuries people have wanted to go back in time. It turns out that, like Dorothy, we could return whenever we wanted. All we need is to listen to the right music.

I'm happy today. Spouse and Son are still with me. I have friends who like and care about me. What more can I desire?

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think