Sailors on the Sea

Monday, December 1, 2008

Another Chapter Reduced

As I expected, Chapter Five went fairly quickly. I took more from it than I expected, but there is still enough left to warrant a chapter.



Now comes Chapter Six. It is one of the longer chapters. It was also a "fun" chapter to write. Quite a bit goes on in Chapter Six. But the very fact the chapter was fun tells me there is probably a lot which can be cut. "Fun" generally means fluff.



I know I'm going to have to revist Chapters One, Two and Four. They are still far too long. Either I split them into two chapters each, or I find a way to cut them in half. No chapter should require more than twenty-five pages, and each of these is still in the plus-forty range.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think