Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Progress Report

Well, I'm over halfway through. It's been a productive few days. (Can you really say you are being productive when you are cutting away?) My goal was to drop 10,000 words over four chapters. I've dropped 8,400 in three. I expect I can another 2,000 out of this next chapter, The Presider Rules. I do have to add something to this chapter, though. I cut out an important clue from Chapter Nine. The way I had edited there was no good place left for it. The clue is referenced again in Chapter Eleven. What I need to do is modify the passage so it actually introduces the clue, instead of merely referencing it.



You know, I wrote the entire book in less time than I've taken trying to whittle it down. That's the price I pay for being a sloppy writer. Well, here is the graphic which shows my progress (deterioration?). Reduced by twelve percent. Hmm. If I could only drop my weight by twelve percent perhaps the doctors would get off my case. I doubt it. Like my book, I need to drop a lot more than twelve percent.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think