Sailors on the Sea

Monday, December 8, 2008

Progress Report

In keeping with my new plan I am posting a progress report on Flames of Hatred, even though I posted one just yesterday. I got NO work done today - on this story. I worked on something new I have been thinking about for some time: The House of My Youth. It is a compilation of events from my youth which keep asking to be told. I decided to give it a go. I used Microsoft Paint to draw up a rough floorplan of the house I grew up in, and then wrote an initial entry, which I posted on A Voice in the Wind. (http://avoiceinwind.blogspot.com/)

I DID get some work done on Flames of Hatred yesterday afternoon and evening. I managed to cut over 2,600 words from Chapter Eleven (16%), one of four Monster chapters, and the largest offender. I would like to get to "Life as an Outcast" (Chapter Fourteen) before week's end. We'll see.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think