Sailors on the Sea

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Progress Report

Done with six and seven. On to Eight.

Chapter Eight is not one of my favorites. It does contain some very important information, but the chapter is transitional. We've just read about a fight, a love scene and a trial. Compared to that, Chapter Eight seems dull. But every chapter can't be exciting.

I've dropped over 15,000 words. I still have more than 60,000 words to go. According to my Excel chart, I'm going to come up short by 30,000 words. But I'm thinking there is a lot to cut over the next four chapters. Together, they add up to more than 40,000 words. I'm hoping to cut at least 10,000 words just from these four chapters. We'll see.

My writing has two major flaws: I tend to restate myself; I find things interesting that nobody else gives a damn about. Sigh. It's hard being the odd duck. Well, cat. Meow.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think