Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm allowed to rant today. I don't think I will. What I will do is make a request of you who are reading this. There is a young woman - I'll call her Kiersten - who recently suffered a miscarriage which nearly took her life with the baby's. The emotion of that ordeal descended upon her this week. I found out because I visited her blog. She is a young woman, filled with strength and vitality. But even the strongest need support at times. I am happy to say she has a lot of people who love her dearly and are offering support. I put in a quick something, but she doesn't know me, and I doubt anything I wrote was of much comfort. But this is my request:

If you are a person who prays, please pray for Kiersten. She needs to recover her emotional strength. I believe in prayer. The more the better. So if you have even one minute to give, ask God to strengthen her. I believe that he will. And if you do, I believe God will bless you, too.

That's all.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I missed that post by Kiersten, I'll have to look in on her.

Bevie said...

It was what I gathered from her "Baggage Check" post of December 11. I looked at her history and understood this is what happened.

I hope I'm not 'writing out turn' on this one. I would hate it if I only made things worse.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think