Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Revised Query

Back in October of this year I submitted my query for Flames of Hatred (still have to rename this thing!) to Evil Editor and his Minions. They found a host of problems with it. Good. The query was crap, and I wasn't going to write a good one unless someone told me why. The list I was given was in double digits. Oh, well.

So, why do I bring this up? I do so because I have given the query another go. Only I haven't re-submitted to Evil Editor. I know I will - sometime. I just don't know when. For one thing, I haven't finished reducing the novel's size. I have a lot of work left to do on that. Does it serve any purpose to focus on the query when the book is not ready?

That's an excuse. The truth is, I'm terrified. I'm feeling kind of weak right now, and I'm not sure I'm up to the truth - and that's what the Minions will provide. Thank God for that! I need to know the truth, but I'm afraid to hear it.

I hate being weak.

3 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Hey, cut yourself some slack! It may not be the right time just now for making yourself vulnerable. Having a query shredded is tough (I should know) so do it when you're feeling stronger.

Bevie said...

Thanks.

I beat myself up. I have since I was young. But it's not fair to you, who are actually taking the time to read what I'm writing. I'm just not used to anyone paying attention to me. Sometimes I need a quick slap to make me stop being silly.

Thanks for the exclamation mark.

I needed that. (smiles)

fairyhedgehog said...

:)

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think