Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twenty Percent Completed


Well, it's about 3:00 a.m. and I have just completed my initial reduction edit of Chapter Four. As I suspected, I didn't cut nearly so much here as in previous chapters. There was so much going on in this chapter which is pertinent to what takes place later, both in this book and in sequels.

I enhanced my Excel document. The Chapter Titles are there (albeit abbreviated in some cases), and I included the number of pages each chapter did/is using.
Chapter Five is one of the shorter chapters, so I'm not sure how much cutting I will be able to make here. In it, the reader learns that Abrin has his secretive and sneaky side, and that he isn't above 'bending the rules', or circumventing them entirely. My concern here is that, after cutting, I won't have enough information to make a chapter. I guess I'll see.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think