Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Swinging a Free Axe

Flames of Hatred has been reduced by 10,000-words now, and I'm still in Chapter Four.

It's kind of interesting to look at the rate of deletion. Either I got sloppier as I wrote, or I'm becoming more fanatical in my cutting. This is going to take a good read when I'm finished to make sure I haven't cut the heart out.

If I can maintain this pace I should be able to finish before the end of the year. Realistically, it could be January before I'm done.

The bold lavender at the top left shows the average number of words I need to cut in each chapter in order to reduce the book by 100,000-words. The bold green shows the number of chapters I have worked on. The bold red shows the estimated reduction based on what I have already cut.






Chapter Four may prove to be difficult. I introduce Tavaar in this chapter. She only plays a small part at this time, but later she becomes significant. I have to be careful about what I cut.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think