Sailors on the Sea

Friday, June 26, 2009

Update on the Prophecies

Thought I would put up a progress report on my editing of Swords of Fire: The Prophecies of Madatar. Both Spouse and Son have been home for several days in a row now so I have not been working on it for several days in a row now. However, I made good progress early, despite not reducing the work by much at all. (Only four or five hundred words thus far.) I'll need to go through again.

I'd like to get some more done today, and I'll certainly give it a go. But one never knows. We've got packing to do. Priorities. Don't mind them. Just hate arguing about them.

Of the books I've actually finished this is my favorite. Got a couple of cool ones coming up, but Prophecies of Madatar introduces some great characters. Important characters. It's also a fun book. Lots of things happening.

Anyway, this is what I have right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Thanks for being so kind to my on my blog, it really helps me.
I agree, you're right - I try to avoid petty arguments, but I felt that I had to answer Anonymous, and give him/her (I'm thinking it's a her) my reasons for why I believe what I believe. I felt it was important.
But thanks for the reminder - I need to not get too sidetracked by them! :)

Bevie said...

We all need reminders. Those of us who feel strongly about things need the most. Remember, you have also reminded me of things. It's important that we support each other, whether we are in complete agreement or not.

I think you have handled your anonymous commenter well. Just don't let them hold you back. Of course, that's easy for me to say. I have yet to have to deal with that on any of my blogs.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think