Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Go at Robin's Reading Challenge

EDIT: I think it's working. Right now Firefox is sucking up 90% of my computer time so everything is taking 20x as long as it should. But it worked on YouTube - finally! Don't really like listening to my voice. Especially after hearing those gorgeous British accents from Fairyhedgehog and Whirlochre and Blogless Troll.

SO! Of course something has gone dreadfully wrong and the file YouTube said had been uploaded successfully has somehow disappeared. I'll work on it.

I wrote this back in the early 1980s. I like the story but I'm unhappy with my reading. I've rushed myself because I'm feeling guilty about leaving Spouse outside to handle the garage sale without me. It's been slow today. Not many visitors and not many sales.

But here is my story: Letter of Conscience. If I were to redo it, I would do it a lot differently.



Let me know.

4 comments:

Whirlochre said...

I'm not in favour of resurrectin too many things from the 1980s(!), but this was well worth digging out. It's very tender and I thought your reading of it was superb.

Bevie said...

Thanks. I would have liked to have done a better job. I'm out of practice reading for someone else. My theatre skills are worse than rusty. I fear they may be non-existent now.

fairyhedgehog said...

This was very tender, sweet, and sad. You read it so well and I especially liked the way you read Chenae's voice.

The whole "don't get close or you'll get hurt" felt painful. I was glad that Trenton came to his senses at the end, even though it was too late.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Fairy. I like this story. Always have. Wasn't sure I got the reading right, though, so good words from you and Whirl go a long way.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think