Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Once Again I've Missed the Deadline

Back on May 25th Robin posted a reading challenge. I guess these are done periodically, and I have heard several from several bloggers. This one was to read a piece from something you had written yourself.

Actually, I had missed the original challenge/invite. It was during a time when I wasn't visiting blogs much, or even posting on my own, I think. Anyway, a couple of days ago someone asked me if I was going to do it. I have never done so before, and didn't even know about this one, but I said I would try to give it a go.

Unfortunately, when I went back just now and read the original post I discover that yesterday and today were the days to do this reading. Missed yesterday, and with the garage sale going on I cannot promise today. Maybe I'll come in late. (Story of my life. It's all over. Here I am. All set to go.)

So, I missed the real event. But here are links to those who were on time. I haven't had a chance to listen to them all (garage sale has been sucking up my time and energy like a never-satisfied sponge), but I've heard all of these people read before, and they're good.

Robin (this one's good)
Fairyhedgehog (love listening to Fairy's voice)
Evil Editor (haven't listened yet, but this has to be great)
Whirlochre (another great voice - oh, and you have to listen to this, too)
Kiersten (haven't heard this one either, but I think it includes singing)
McKoala (another I have to listen to)
Pacatrue (he's got a great voice, too)
PJD (another I have to get to)

There may be others, but I don't know who they are.

Apologies to those of you who's submissions I haven't played yet. It's just busy here.

Oh! And while he hasn't submitted anything for this go around, you HAVE to listen to this.

Blogless Troll reading Dr. Seus's, "Fox in Socks".

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Nice links, Bevie. I hope you do join in the readathon.

Bevie said...

I'll give it the ole college try. Of course, I never really tried in college, so maybe that's a poor analogy. But I'm hoping Spouse will give me an hour off during the day some time. We'll see.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think