Sailors on the Sea

Monday, June 15, 2009

Time to Get Crackin'

With the garage sale over I am not freeing up to return to some writing. Today will be a bad day because I'll be spending a few hours at the doctor's office. Fun, fun, fun. Right?

I'm resolving to myself (no promises to anyone else) to write the 'final' query for Swords of Fire: Traitor this week. Got a couple of questions to get resolved, and then I'll send the query out to an agent. There is at least one agent who will represent me. I just have to find them. Well, that and hope they're reputable.

Swords of Fire: Traitor is a good story. Very good, in fact. I don't delude myself into believing it's the best story. I've read too many good works by other Authors to convince myself of that. But it's a good story, and well worth reading. Well worth whatever price gets put on it.

We sold a lot of books at the garage sale. Not mine. I can't bring myself to part with my books. Books, movies, and music. I buy them and I keep them. They are important to me. Oh, I sold a couple. Sold The South Beach Diet. My brother gave that to me. I tried it, but the problem with diets is that they restrict me from the foods I like best, and encourage me to eat foods I wouldn't serve the dog. (When I had one.) I'm a picky eater. Which is one of the several reasons I am so horribly fat. When I played tennis and baseball I was thin as a rail. Well, that's an exaggeration. Even thin I am a very large person. But I lost my interest in athletics in the 1980s and I took a desk job. That was the primary cause for my weight gain. It has stayed with me these past twenty years due to emotional issues. Now I'm losing the fat. Lost twelve pounds since early April. Slow and steady. But I miss my big pasta meals. Miss my Burger King Whoppers and Dairy Queen cheeseburgers. Miss my pop and chips. Oh, well. Ceste la vie. Right?

Been having computer problems. The machine seems to have something against rebooting. I'm able to get it going, but it takes time and effort. Hope it's not dying. Can't afford to replace it. Well, I could if I drop my health insurance, which is a thought. I'm going to lose it in a couple of months anyway, so what difference does it make? Spouse and I have a basic disagreement about it. I could drop it today and not care. Spouse insists I keep it. But it's expensive. Very expensive. And when it runs out in a couple of months that will be money we can use for rent and food - and maybe a computer, if we need one.

Meanwhile, I have to get that query written. I have until Friday evening to fulfill my self-made vow. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think