Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Too Much to Write

Taking a break from the garage sale. It's rainy and we're not likely to get anyone, so why sit outside in the cold and wet for not reason? Besides, today is Sunday and no one does garage sales on Sunday.

Did some writing this morning. It was a spontaneous poem-story for Tales of the Great Sea. If you're interested, here is the link.

I suppose I shouldn't post all of my new things on my blogs. That makes them published and no one will want to purchase something which is already available for free. But it's not like these poems are great or anything. They're kind of like blueprints. The real story still has to be built.

I have so many stories I want to tell. Most get lost in the jumble. Like lottery balls. I never knew which one/s will be popping up demanding attention at any given time. That's why I believe any story which holds my attention over time has to be a good one. The others come and go and then return again. Some many times.

It was probably a mistake to post so much of the Tavaar's Backstory draft on Tales of the Great Sea. Potentially, that could be something which could be made into book form. But what's on the blog is just draft copy. Should I ever take the time to polish it into something worthwhile it would become something vastly different than what's there. Some things might change entirely.

These short poem-stories I've posted on the other blog are kind of like story snacks. Energy bars, meant to tide me over to the next big story. Swords of Fire: Traitor, The Prophecies of Madatar, Bonds of Love, are meals. Apprentice and Quest are like mid-day luncheons. Or maybe the poems are just a buffet, where one can pick and choose what one wants.

I don't know. What I do know is I'm hungry. Got to be careful, though. Splurged last night and ate a bag of chips. Naughty, naughty.

Anyway, I may write a few more poem-stories today. Not sure. Today is a relax day.

So much to write. So little time.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think