Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Lot to Write About

May have found a home for Apprentice. Submitted it to a small semi-annual publisher. Received word that it is "in the editorial review process". To be completely honest, I don't know what that means, except that it hasn't been rejected. Yet.

Expect to finish my first pass through Prophecies of Madatar today. Either I wrote it much better than Traitor or I have lost my edge to edit my own work. I'm not cutting a lot of words.

Got to write up the next installment of my Panthera: On Trial For Treason. That's on the Legion of On-Line Heroes blog.

There's just so much writing that needs to take place. Got an idea for a new blog, but it's going to require a lot of background work before I can set it up. Want to finish Animal Kingdom. Want to work on background for Swords of Fire. Would like to add another installment to Kiahva's tales. Got poems to write. Blogs to fill out. So much writing. So little time.

And on top of all of that I should really be playing my bass, walking my treadmill, and riding my bicycle. And I need an income. Why is it the only things I do well aren't worth being paid to do?

Well, back at it. With Son home all the time now, too, I am under intense pressure to "get off the computer". I've just been informed I have forty minutes. I'd better use them wisely.

7 comments:

Wolverine said...

Are you suggesting that your son is a computer freak?

writtenwyrdd said...

I know it's not quite a full WhooHoo! moment yet, but it is very encouraging that they're reviewing it, Bevie! Yay for that!

I know you could use some cheerful news right about now.

Bevie said...

Thanks, writtenwyrdd. Encouragement is welcomed at any time.

Bevie said...

No, Wolverine, not a computer freak. I think he's actually more into music. I'm just not used to sharing. That's all.

Jennifer said...

That's great, Bevie! Did they let you know any time frame?


Maybe the thing you do well will end up being the thing you get paid for. How is the querying going? :)

Bevie said...

Hi Jennifer.

No time line with Apprentice. The next issue releases tomorrow, so I've missed that. They only publish in January and July, so it could be a while before I know.

I did finish the query for Traitor - finally. Submitted it nearly two weeks ago. The agent's goal is to accept/reject within three weeks. So I should know within ten days. It would be just wonderful to learn she wants to read the whole book.

jaz said...

Congrats on getting the query out. I will definitely check back to see how it's going.

Take care.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think