Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Setting Up an Agenda

Wrote a new installment of my latest Hero story for the Legion of Super On-Line Heroes blog. It won't actually post until the 9th, but I know for a fact there is a good story posting tomorrow (Monday, the 4th). It's by Fairyhedgehog, and I've had a sneak peek at it so I can honestly say I know it's good. Also, if you haven't been following any of the other stories I strongly recommend you do so. Writtenwyrdd, Whirlochre, and Blogless Troll have some fantastic story lines running, too. In fact, I like all of the other Authors' stories better than mine.

Not that I don't think I got cool heroes. I do. It's just that I've kind of stretched my creativity a bit thin lately and it's in need of recharging. In fact, the post I just scheduled is more of a set up episode than an action episode.

I was hoping to do some more work on The Animal Kingdom this weekend, but I got very little done. Did get some, though, so I'm thinking I may have put it on track for completion at last. We'll see. No promises. Not even to me.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a very disciplined writer. I rely heavily on the Muses to keep me amused, so to speak. When inspiration runs dry I quit creating. I can edit during a dry spell. Just can't create anything new. Or, maybe I should say, I don't.

The Muses have been kind to me this year. Thus far. Summer is soon upon me and so the Muses may take a holiday. Often they do during the summer, which is a shame. But they're used to me being outside and active when the weather is warm. Haven't been for years. That's why I'm so fat. This year, however, it is beginning to look like I might be spending more time outside than in recent years. Got myself a bicycle.

In the meantime, what have I on, or near, my plate?

Got to rewrite my query for Swords of Fire: Traitor. Once that is done I have no place left to send it for review. Had my two goes with Evil Editor. I guess it's time to begin hunting for an agent. I find the prospect scary. I know virtually all the good books were rejected at least once, and some dozens upon dozens of times. And even the best authors had to start some place. But the worst authors have to start at the same place, and it's unsettling to think that I shall not get out of that place because I'm not in the same league as those who get published.

The Animal Kingdom is begging to be finished, or at least brought further than Chapter Two, which is where it is now.

My Hero story needs at least one more installment.

Spoke with Fairyhedgehog. She was encouraging about my idea to add a Legion Commander for the Legion of Super On-Line Heroes blog.

Just sent Quest to Fairyhedgehog for reading. Like I indicated in an earlier post, there well could be a third installment following Kiahva and Amice. A third episode would naturally include more of Amice than the second.

And there are a few other leftovers from the Muse Party bouncing around in my head. I may take a look at some of those. But only while the inspiration lasts. I need fuel to function. But don't worry.

I'm green.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks for the kind words and good luck with the querying. It is a scary thing to do.

Bevie said...

It's as bad as job hunting. In fact, that's what it is, isn't it?

You bet. It's a great story.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think