Sailors on the Sea

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Imagine Me

Got some great feedback on The Animal Kingdom over at Evil Editor. Some of you who read this blog have given some, too. Now I'm feeling bad because I'm still in chapter three. Gotta get crackin'.

It is refreshing to know I've come up with an idea people like. Kind of like the Legion blog. Which reminds me. If you like to write at all, do sign up to be a sometimes Author. By "sometimes" I mean, when you can. Apart from giving the current Authors a break, you may find writing within a 500-word confine rewarding. Teaches word conservation. And don't worry about being profound or anything. I've got two storylines going with two separate heroes, and both are quite ridiculous. That's the point.

Along with my writing I'm back to playing my bass. Purchased a couple of song books. One because it had "Your Song", by Elton John. I once sang that song over the radio and I thought it might be cool to accompany myself on the bass. The book has quite a song list:

Bass1 Songbook1:

  • Brown Eyed Girl

  • Great Balls of Fire

  • I Want to Hold Your Hand

  • Oh, Pretty Woman

  • Wild Thing

  • Wonderful Tonight

  • You Really Got Me

  • Your Song

The second book is equally good.

Bass2 Songbook1:

  • Back in the U.S.S.R.

  • Born to be Wild

  • I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man (not heard of this one)

  • Imagine

  • Layla

  • Maggie May

  • No Particular Place to Go

  • Takin' Care of Business

Right now, the only song from these books I'm playing is "Imagine". It's a slow pace with few notes. I've got a 5-string bass which makes playing the notes easier. I don't have to extend my arm to play the notes. With 36" or 38" arms you wouldn't think it would matter, but I like to play with a definite bend at my elbow.

I like music. I like writing. I like singing. I like playing bass. I like acting. What a pity I'm not making money doing any of those things.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair. You know?

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think