Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Different Kind of Story From a Different Inspiratin

So I went downstairs and what do you think I found? Why it was a mess of Son's and my plush animals engaged in a pool party. It's a good thing I remembered to bring my camera. (One never knows what one may find on the fifth level.)

My good buddy, Tomoko, was facing off against Logan Lemur. Tomoko won the lag and got to break first.

C'mon, Tomoko! No pressure now. Don't worry about the spectators. You know Gilroy Gorilla is rooting for you. And Echo Elephant. Just shoot.
Ah, you missed.

Looks like Hissy Blue Snake has a comment to make to Logan.

Logan's response? I'm a solid player, so I'll take the solids, thank you.
Gonna run the table, Tomoko. Might as well get your money out now. This one's going right under Echo's feet. Look out, you sweet thing!
Ha! Watch your feet, Gilroy. This one'll take 'em off.
If you're going to miss easy shots like that then you shouldn't brag, Logan. Oh, and thanks, Gilroy. Uh, fifteen in the side pocket. Cedrid, quit stamping your feet. You've only got about a hundrd of them. And what are you lauging at, Cleo? Just 'cause you got clothes.
How does that saying go, Tomoko? You couldn't hit water if you fell out of an effing boat. Ha! Now watch and learn. Seven in the side.
You're running out of time, Tomoko. I'm putting you away.
Yeah, right. Well, I'll tell you, Logan. I keep missing to give you a chance. But watch out when I get going. Then you'll see something.
See what, monkey brain? Watch this! Gonna bank the cue off the cushion, it'll come back and hit the eight, which will roll into the side pocket. Fancy, fancy.
Pretty fancy all right. Especially when you consider you forgot to put in the five. Well, since you're going to insist on being stupid, it's time for me to put on my show. Watch this bank into the side pocket.
Now that the fourteen is also put away, here's how you do a long shot.
After that nice double bank to drop the thirteen and eleven, all I need now is to sink the nine. Then it's just the eight to win. Who's laughing now, Lemur?
Look on in vain, Lemur. This is the winning shot.

Fine. Fine. Who do you think you are anyway? Tiger Woods? Just shoot.
And Tomoko won. I thought he was just sitting back and giving Logan a chance. Tomoko is our plush house champion.

Congratulations, Tomoko!


Heck of a day, huh?

(pre-posted on 5-8-09 for publication on 5-9-09)

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Those soft toys do get up to things when your back is turned, don't they?

Bevie said...

Yes, they do. Son wasn't happy about Tomoko winning. He likes the lemur.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think