Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nothing's Getting Done

Haven't been working on real writing this week. Been too busy setting up the garage sale and working on things for the Legion of On-Line Super Heroes blog.

Not only that, but I have been sleeping through my regular wake up time. Just so doggone sleepy. Son and Spouse are keeping me up two hours later than I want to be up. This means I am sleeping two hours later than I want to sleep. This is where my supposedly congenial nature works against me. A normal person would kick everyone out of the room and go to sleep. I can't bring myself to do that. I don't like to argue over silly things, and I know it would become an argument.

What do you care? You don't even work.

I don't really want to deal with that. And so my sleep schedule is thrown off. I guess that's why I want to sell the television. That's the reason they're staying up. They watch videos and DVDs. No television. No videos and no DVDs. We're having - discussions - about whether to sell the television.

So The Animal Kingdom has gone back on hold. The Swords of Fire: Traitor query is not being written. The third installment of Kiahva and Amice is not being considered. The final episode of Hidden Embers remains unwritten.

All because of a garage sale and a shift in sleep patterns.

Just too many things to do. You know?

4 comments:

Whirlochre said...

I know what you mean about the garage sale. Some things have the power to captivate your attention way beyond the actual doing of them. For me, this week, patching up a hole in a windowsill took the better part of half a day — a couple of hours to actually fill, sand and paint it, and another four to 'be about to do it', 'be preoccupoied with doing it', 'not want to do it' or to have it on my mind in any case. If you have a couple of these going on at once, it can be a real irritant, especially when you're real intention is to be poised to write.

Bevie said...

So true. So very true.

fairyhedgehog said...

Without a television your family may find other things to do that involve you.

I find tv programmes are the easiest thing to escape from because all our tastes are so different.

Bevie said...

Right, Fairy. We don't even watch regular television. What we do is pop in a video or DVD and watch movies and old television shows which are long off the air.

But with Son getting more and more involved with music I'm thinking he will find plenty of things to keep himself occupied.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think