Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feeling Happy - (I Must be Somebody Else [ha])

Received lots of good news over the past 24-hours. As a result I am feeling especially happy.

Who'd of thought, huh? Bevie James smiling and laughing?

Well, truth be told, there was a time when that was pretty much all I did. Seems like an eternity ago now. But it's still there. It just takes a bit more to wake the feelings of youthful exultations.

But they're awake now, and I have made some changes to my Music of the Day pieces. I added one to Cat in the Buff. Alice Cooper's, Under My Wheels. I've never thought of myself as an Alice Cooper fan, but he does have several pieces I enjoy a lot. Under My Wheels is probably my favorite. I wish I could compose a video of how I would like to perform it. I doubt there are many who know me who would believe it was me. Stephen would. But he knew me well.

Over on A Voice in the Wind I wasn't so "energetic". I was happy. I chose Jim Croce's, I've Got a Name. I don't know why, but that song makes me think of Daddy, but in a happy way. Every time I hear it I feel like I can go on - and succeed. At least I feel like I want to go on. I feel like I have a purpose. (Just haven't a clue what that purpose might be. [grin])

I left Allan Parson Project's, Eye in the Sky, on SOF - The People. Right now, that seems to fit the tone of Swords of Fire and what I'm writing. It's good music.

Here on The Great Sea I chose Creedence Clearwater's, Sweet Hitchhiker. For me, it's another high energy, happy song. D*mn, I wish I could play the bass to these pieces. I try. Just can't keep up. Neither am I sure about the notes. That's all guesswork.

One thing that is wrong with the music has nothing to do with the music. It's the technology used to play it. For about a week now it's been taking up to two minutes before my YouTube links load and play. It wasn't that long ago that it would only take seconds. I think it's Blogger, but I'm not sure. It could be my own internet connection or something.

Have you noticed Blogger running slower than normal recently? I know they've made changes to it. The Followers gadget looks different. (And there was a fiasco with it, too.)

On my way back to Cat in the Buff. I'm under the wheels again.

y y y y e e e a a A A A A A A H H H H H H H H H H H H ! ! ! ! ! ! !

EDIT: Forgot. I was going to post that I just completed Chapter Ten of Traitor (thanks, LaughingWolf for the title suggestion). Not only that, but I dropped nealry 3,000-words from the chapter to bring it in under budget. I hope I still have a good novel after I'm done. Think I will.

EDIT2: Spouse just came down and scared the cr*p out of me. I'm wearing headphones so I don't wake anyone up. Turns out I need footphones, too. I was hitting the floor so hard it was echoing. Spouse came down and got all the way up to me before I realized there was someone there (I only have one small light on at the computer). I jumped so hard my headphones came off. Now Spouse is laughing too hard to go back to sleep. It's hard to listen to Under My Wheels without moving. Real hard.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Glad you're feeling so cheery.

Bevie said...

Thanks. It helps to know family and friends are doing well.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think