Sailors on the Sea

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Book Idea

Been looking into self-publishing my Hero stories from Legion of On-Line Super Heroes. Not sure I can afford it, even at a small run of 500 books, but I've submitted some specs to a printer and am waiting on a quote. They will even print the cover and bind the book. We'll see what they require.

Meanwhile, that's what I have been writing of late: Hero stories. Beacon Girl has come up with a new hero. Little Darla: The Girl of Shadows. Her first episode is up now. My latest Panthera episode posted on Saturday.

To read it in sequence you will need the following links:
Or, just go to Legion Headquarters and find it under Home>Stories From Bevie>Panthera and Leo>On Trial For Treason. (Here is the link.) From the headquarters link you can also read other stories from other Legion Authors. You can also find them on the blog itself.

Hero episodes have been rather scarce of late. People have become busy, and and Hero stories are a natural casualty of that. I have found it hard to keep up myself, and I'm Blog Administrator.

So how can I publish a book? Well, I'm thinking that becomes an incentive to produce more episodes. Right now I have five Hidden Embers episodes and six Panthera. That's roughly 22-pages of work. Ideally, I would like to have closer to 100-pages. About forty more episodes. It'll take a while, but I think I can manage it. Got enough Heroes to write about.

So, that's my current inspiration. That, and my work on Swords of Fire military History. That's coming along, too. Completed about 23 years.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think