Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things to Talk About It

Great news! I've not only completed my rewrite of Apprentice, but I've already received a very helpful critique on the new work. There's more to be done, but I truly believe the story is becoming more solid and strong. And I'm not just making the story better. I'm learning why the story is better. That may be the most important thing of all, for it helps me with all subsequent writing. By knowing why a story does, or does not, work properly, I can avoid pitfalls and reduce rewrite time in the future.

For the first time in a long time I don't feel so far away from the goal. Probably am not, as the crow flies. But, like a winding river through a tilted valley, the journey may be quite long.

On another note, I now have four episodes in a new Heroines of the Night super hero story. There's an excellent chance I will have it ready for posting next week on Legion of Super On-Line Heroes.

And, I have attempted some drawings of faces. Not turning out at all like I want, but at least anyone should be able to recognize they're faces.

NOTE: Tried another cat drawing. My cat was laying in front of me as I was sketching and I tried to draw his profile. You can almost tell it's a cat. Nose sticks out too far.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm glad your writing is coming on so well.

Bevie said...

Thanks. Wouldn't it be nice if my drawing and music could follow suit?

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think