Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Anticipating Fun

Saturday is Music Day on The Great Sea. Don't always listen to music on Saturday. At least, I don't always post about music on Saturday.

I've got a band. Don't think I've ever mentioned that. Five members. Three guys and two gals. Got an excellent guitarist, a drummer, a keyboardist, a flute player and me. I play bass.

The band really only has one problem: I'm the only member who's not fictitious. Well, I guess I should confess the band has another problem: The bass player sucks. Oh, and so does the lead singer. Yep. You guessed it. The bass player sings lead, too.

However, before I dis the bass player too much I got to say the bass player has the greatest enthusiasm.

Since I discovered as a child music was something people could do the the rest of their lives I have dreamed of being part of a band and entertaining on stage. I began by singing Beatles songs in the 1960s. LOTS of others followed. Dozens of artists and hundreds of songs. Some I've listened to today are:

Delaney and Bonnie: Never Ending Song of Love

Mouth and MacNeal: How Do You Do

T Rex: Bang a Gong

Raspberries: Go All the Way

Alice Cooper: Under My Wheels

Actually, I have TWO bands. Both are subjects of stories I have wanted to write for a long time. The one (oops - almost gave away the name) I've been thinking about writing for several years. The other is a recent creation. If ever I actually write the stories I'll let you know the names. In the meantime, I'm replaying Alice Cooper. I like that song.

The telephone is ringing ...

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think