Sailors on the Sea

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Busy Schedule Continues

Well, I've learned I need to start (or continue) an actual novel to participate in NaNoWriMo, so I will definitely NOT be signing up. I do have a couple of unfinished novels, but I'm not likely to work on any of those in the near future. Maybe White Wolves.

In the meantime, The Sweet Girl is nearly finished. I'm just past the climax and decided I needed a break to write the ease down to the end. Have to leave soon to pick up Son and I don't want to rush myself. If I don't finish this today I will tomorrow. Final word count should be around 60,000-words. Then I will put the story aside for a few weeks. It needs a major rewrite. Or two.

Beginning next week I am planning on rewriting Apprentice, taking in the suggestions I got from my last critique. When I finish with that, in a week or two, I'm guessing, I may return to writing Hero stories. I've got a couple which have been sitting on hold since the end of July and early August. Won't publish anything from them until they're finished, though. My goal (if I go through with the plan) is to write no less than four complete Hero stories: Panthera, Feathered Guy Anthropist, Hidden Embers, and Heroines of the Night. The last should be especially fun, so I hope I go through with it.

Then I should return to White Wolves. All of that should cover me through the end of the year. Maybe. Maybe not.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think