Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Life's Blocks - Take 'Em Apart and Put 'Em Back Together Again

I've gotten away from my music again. For someone who so loves and enjoys music I suppose you're surprised to find that happens to me, but it does. I get in moods when I just haven't the energy to hear the very thing which can help me through troubled times.

There was a time, way, way back, when a rejection I took hit me so hard I went nearly two months with no music. No cassettes in the player. No LPs on the stereo. (Told you it was way back.) And no radio. My devastation was nearly complete and I wondered if I would even survive. I did. Life has a way of going on. You know?

So I turned back to my online playlists, which contain songs I do not have at home. Was going to go with the biggest one, simply because it has the widest variety. Then I saw Across the Waters, which was my playlist for this blog at one time. It begins with "Only the Strong Survive", by Jerry Butler. I found it appropriate. And so I turn again to the balm for my heart and the salve for my wounds. Music is the way to open the dam and let the waters flow, releasing pressure and lowering high water level.

Only the Strong Surive: Jerry Butler

Pied Piper: Crispian St Peters

Stumblin In: Suzie Quatro

Year of the Cat: Al Stewart

Lord Grenville: Al Stewart

Question: Moody Blues

In Your Wildest Dreams: Moody Blues

I'm Just a Singer: Moody Blues

Story in Your Eyes: Moody Blues

For My Lady: Moody Blues

The Balance: Moody Blues

Behind Blue Eyes: The Who

Under My Wheels: Alice Cooper

Layla: Derek and the Dominos

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think