Sailors on the Sea

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Brenzareh

A sudden inspiration. Brennan means "sorrow" and Zareh means "tears".

Brenzareh
by Bevie James

Brenzareh sat in deepest darkness brooding with his sorrow
Grieving over yesterday, and wondering about tomorrow

The power of his muscles, was something to behold
The things of strength he did, were wonders to be told

The trees he felled, the rocks he threw, mere toys within his hands
Brenzareh’s name was famous, throughout the then known lands

It was in spring it happened, that war came with a cry
And the people knew that they must fight then or just die

Brenzareh was their champion, and in the fore he fought
The army fought against him, but their efforts came to naught

And when the battle ended, and the villagers had won
It was the cry of victory, the song that they all sung

All except Brenzareh, who disappeared that night
To hide henceforth in darkness, he did not like to fight

From that day he would live, with shame upon his soul
Brenzareh had been broken, no more would he be whole

The cost of what we want and need is sometimes high to pay
And sometimes we must fight, for there is no other way

But there is death not of the body, the kind that kills the heart
It pierces and it kills, like any swift thrown dart

For people like Brenzareh, who seek love and smiles wide
The time of war for them, is just a time to hide

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think